figuranta

figuranta

The Fireman Who Loved Me (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #1)
Jennifer Bernard
Once Tempted: A Silver Creek Novel - Laura Moore 4 Stars This review has been posted as well at http://romanceisoursecretpleasure.blogspot.co.uk/ From The Cover Sweeping passions, family drama, and searing scandal play out at the magnificent Silver Creek Ranch as the heirs to a powerful dynasty seize their legacy of love.Oldest son Ward Knowles feels the sprawling California ranch in his blood. And now that the family business has expanded to include a popular resort, he’s working harder than ever. Silver Creek is his legacy and his life, which is fine for the ruggedly sexy ladies’ man and committed bachelor. Love and trust don’t come easily for Ward since he lost his heart to a gold digger—until he meets a shy, unpretentious beauty whose sweet grace is about to turn his jaded heart into a hungry one.Tess Casari has found sanctuary at Silver Creek, working as an assistant to Ward’s mother, Adele. Grateful for her busy new life running the ranch’s spa and resort, Tess can escape the heartbreak, humiliation, and secret shame of her failed marriage. The last thing she needs is temptation—especially from a man who reminds her so much of the husband who shattered her faith in love. But passion and destiny are about to change the rules for two people who have stopped believing in the healing power of love.Once Tempted is the 1 book from the latest series of Laura Moore Silver Creek. As per usual the series begins with the story of the oldest son of the family Knowles.I truly enjoyed and loved this book, who wouldn't when it's about a sexy cowboy and a sexy city girl.After a failed marriage Tess Casari decides to leave New York to try to forget the shame and the humiliation from her dead husband and his family. Heartbroken as she was Tess goes along with her best friend plan to be blindfolded in front of California map and wherever she puts her finger there she will move. She pin points a city in the middle of no were called Acacia and there she is heading to.Ward Knowles the first born of Knowles family dedicates his life to expand the family business which included a ranch and a resort, after a broken engagement with a woman who wanted him for his money and never understood his passion for the ranch. It's hard for him to love and trust a woman again but that's about to change when he meets a shy and beautiful city girl who turns his world up side down.Tess and Ward are such a awesome couple. I loved they banter and they tease. In special after they first meeting didn't go down to well for Ward."Oh my God! What have you done to my car?"Turning the key she jerked it one more time."You ve broken it.""If anything, I saved it. You been driving like that for long?""Hey, what you doing?" Now he'd opened her door without so much as a by-your-leave. Did he have manners?"Trying to get you out of this thing you charitably call a car. It's still smoking."It's save to say that Tess hold a grudge towards Ward for killing her car."Even if I didn't find you utterly unappealing, I make it a rule never to get involved with car killers or-""For Christ's sake. I did not kill your car""Gee, that's funny, because one minute it was running and the next-""It was not running; it was gasping," he corrected."The mechanic down at Wexler's Auto Shop wept when he lifted your hood.""Because he was looking at an avoidable tragedy.""I'll say. Try replacing the oil in your car engine next time"